I am a professionally trained, qualified and BPC-registered psychodynamic psychotherapist. For a brief explanation of what psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy is, see the BPC’s overview here.
I charge between £50 and £80 (depending on the client’s income) per 50-minute session of individual therapy at my consulting rooms at Aashna Counselling & Psychotherapy in North Finchley. I have a waiting-list for a limited number of low-fee spaces, for clients who are struggling to make ends meet. I am available for long-term psychotherapy, or for shorter periods of focused psychodynamic counselling.
For our first meeting, during which we decide together if and how we might proceed, I charge a fee of £65, and I allow up to ninety minutes for the consultation.
I am able to work in English, French or Spanish.
Some of the issues in which I have expertise include:
- Addiction (including co-dependency, sexual addiction and work addiction)
- Attachment and intimacy problems
- Anxiety, panic and feelings of emptiness
- Childhood neglect and abuse
- Class and cultural displacement
- Depression and dissociation
- Family dysfunction and estrangement
- Loneliness, isolation and emotional anorexia
- Loss and bereavement
- Racism and racialised injury
- Rage and self-sabotage
- Sex, sexuality and sexual orientation
- Shame and low self-esteem
- Trauma (including complex trauma, developmental trauma and inter-generational trauma).