I am a professionally trained, qualified and BPC-registered psychodynamic psychotherapist. For a brief explanation of what psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy is, see the BPC’s overview here.
My standard fee is £80 for a 50-minute session of individual therapy at my consulting room near Turnpike Lane. I additionally run a low-fee clinic (£25-£35 per session) for those who are struggling to make ends meet. There is currently a waiting list for a place on this scheme.
For our first meeting, during which we decide together if and how we might proceed, I allow 90 minutes for the consultation and charge the standard fee.
The most typical treatment I offer is open-ended, once-weekly psychotherapy.
I work in English or French.
Some of the issues in which I have expertise include:
- Addiction (including sex/desire-related addictions, work-related addictions and co-dependencies)
- Attachment and intimacy problems
- Anxiety, panic and feelings of emptiness
- Childhood neglect and abuse
- Class and cultural displacement
- Depression and dissociation
- Family dysfunction and estrangement
- Loneliness, isolation and emotional anorexia
- Loss and bereavement
- Racism and racialised injury
- Rage and self-sabotage
- Sex, sexuality and the navigation of sexual identities
- Shame and low self-esteem
- Trauma (including complex trauma, developmental trauma and inter-generational trauma).